Make a delicious oatmeal berry cheesecake bars recipe using just a few simple ingredients.
This easy cheesecake bar recipe is great for a group. Make it with fresh or frozen berries and enjoy the brightness of summer!
These delicious oatmeal berry cheesecake bars are easy to make from mostly pantry staples. Perfect for a last minute get-together or when your fridge is getting empty.
This recipe is a necessity recipe. I was trying to clear out our fridge before leaving on a long weekend trip.
I bought a bunch of strawberries and blueberries to go with our yogurt and granola while camping last weekend, but apparently I wasn’t the only one with that idea and we ended up having a lot of berries.
Can you believe we didn’t eat them all?
I also had 6 lbs of cream cheese in my fridge! How does one end up with 6 lbs of cream cheese you ask?
Well, I sent the hubby to Sam’s club for a few other groceries, but I had just made him pumpkin cookies and he wanted cream cheese frosting. The 6 lb cream cheese was only $10 so I told him to just go for it.
I was sure I would be able to use it up (famous last words).
So when you have a fridge full of berries and a giant brick of cream cheese you definitely need cheesecake. And since we are heading out of town for a fun weekend with my family, I figured cheesecake bars would make a fun snack.
What I ended up with was absolutely delicious! I think I need to try this “What’s in the fridge” game more often.
If you need a gluten free option, using gluten free oats and oat flour will make this the perfect gluten free recipe for your summer barbecues. Delicious, full of fresh berries, and gluten free, sign me up!
For the crust:
- 2 cups oat flour (you can also grind oats in a blender)
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup rolled oats
For the cheesecake filling:
- 3 8-oz packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla bean paste
For the berries:
- 1 lb fresh strawberries
- 8 oz fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut up the strawberries. Place in a bowl and sprinkle with the sugar. Stir and set aside to let the strawberries get juicy.
- Pulse the oat flour, butter and brown sugar in a food processor until crumbly (or you can use a pastry cutter or two forks). Add rolled oats and pulse just until combined.
- Press into the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Bake until the edges start to brown, about 15-20 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, cream together the cream cheese and sugar until fluffy.
- Mix in eggs, one at a time, making sure to scrape the sides and paddle well after each egg. Mix in vanilla bean paste.
- Pour over hot crust and spread evenly.
- Spread strawberries and juice over the top and sprinkle with blueberries.
- Bake until the center is firm, about 50-60 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool then refrigerate until set, about 2 hours.
- Cut into bars and enjoy!